Home Swimming Pool Rules
Having a Life Saver Pool Fence is a great way to make your swimming pool safer, but pool safety is more than that! This list will ensure your whole family has a safe, fun season by the pool.
- There must always be adult supervision (by an adult who can swim) in order for children to be allowed in the pool.
- Keep a portable or cellular telephone near the pool in case of emergency.
- There should be at least one adult family member who knows CPR and first-aid.
- Use of the pool is forbidden when there is lightning or thunder.
- No running around the swimming pool.
- Keep large floating toys that can block your view out of the pool.
- Keep the areas around the pool free of clutter.
- Teach all children to swim as early as possible.
- Children who do not know how to swim must wear a flotation device at all times when around the pool.
- Never allow young children to dive into the pool.
- Install pool lights for night vision or no swimming after dark if there are no lights.
- Remove vacuums and other tools from the pool before swimming.
- Lock pool chemicals away from the pool.
- Never allow glass near on in the pool.
- Never allow extension cords or other electricity sources near the pool.
- Ensure that your Life Saver Quebec swimming pool fence is properly installed, the pool gates are closed and that the fence and gates are in good, working condition.
- ALWAYS keep your removable pool fence in place. Only remove pool fencing for maintenance.